Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: To vax, or not to vax

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlyjo View Post
I should have asked about their vaccinated child mortality rate. I can never think of these things in the moment!

I would really like to know more about this. I have never heard this before. I wish you knew which vaccine it was!
I just think it's silly to use that tactic - sure, don't vax, but your kid might DIE!
It's a horrible thing. Trust me, I'm not belittling infant/child death. AT ALL. But, sometimes kids die. Vaxing and doing everything "right" sometimes doesn't make any difference at all. You just make the best choices for your family.

I think it was the HIB... but I'm not sure. I'm trying to think of which ones they get 4 shots of - DPTP/HIB are the only ones (2, 4, 6 & 18 months) I think. If it's between those 2, it definitely wasn't the DPTP. But definitely don't quote me on it!

You could always google for vaccination schedules, you'll find different ones for different ages, delaying or not.
I do know that in some European and Asian countries they don't even start vaxing until the kids are 2 years... I think Japan is even older? Anyways, there are less reactions and the kids need fewer shots - both in my books!

FTR, I'm not totally against vaxing, lol. Like if we were travelling I would definitely be getting vaxes for the important things, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote