View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Josiekitty
Registered Users
seller

I don't know what to do to help my DD

DD is 22 months old. We think she is ready for potty training.

She starts to poop in potty chair at 6 months and eventually moving to pee and poop on a potty seat. We pretty much catch all her poop but only 60-80% on the pee. We never push her though, I ask her frequently thought the day if she wants to go pee pee and bring her there when she wakes up, after breakfast, after lunch, after nap, etc. if she go, that's fine, if not her diaper will catch it later(she wears diapers 24/7).

2 weeks ago, everything change!!! She gets upset if I ask "let's go pee pee", refuse to seat on her potty seat, we just act normal(not upset or unhappy) and say ok and let her go. If her diapers were wet and I said lets change diaper, she will look so embarrass and will not want me to touch her diaper(that's how we know she understand she did pee in her diaper but she never give us any hint when she needs to go!)

She even (twice) pee standing in the bathroom after refusing to seat on her potty seat and gets upset about it.

We don't know what we can do to help her pass this stepping stone??? Is this normal phase? How long is this phase?

1. Should we just forget about bringing her to use her potty seat and let her use diaper for a while?

2. Should we start the 3 day magic potty training to get her in underwear?

3. Should we take one day at a time, if she goes, she goes, if not, pretend everything is fine, don't stress it, wait it out?

Thanks for your advice, DD is our only child so we really have no clue what we did wrong or what can we do to help her.
Josiekitty is offline   Reply With Quote