View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So how many of you....

I've been nesting like a crazy woman since about 28wks. I'm not a very good housekeeper. My house is usually a mess, but I've been very on top of it. Since about 37wks, I don't go to bed without it being pretty much spotless. I have this thing about people seeing my house a mess. So, I can't seem to leave anything because I'm afraid I'll go into labor over night and then everyone will converge on my house and it will be a big mess. (When I go into labor, my doula will come. My mom will come to be with me during labor. And, my IL's will come to watch my 5 kids. I'll be leaving shortly thereafter to go to the hospital. ) Even my upstairs including my bedroom is picked up. It's been quite a while since that was the clean.

Daily, I sweep and mop my kitchen, vacuum, fold and put away laundry (a big deal for me since I really struggle with keeping up with laundry) and of course, pick up everything. Every couple of days, I re-clean all the bathrooms. I'm nuts right now, but I can't stop. I do make my kids help. Even my 2 year old pitch in and I've had my 4 and 6 year olds doing some of the sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping and I even had my 4 and 6 year olds down on the hardwood with a rag and some Bona cleaning it. Of course, I do have to redo or at least touch up a lot of what they do, but it's still helpful and a good learning experience for them. Child labor.

I'm hoping this new found me will stick since it been a few months now. I'm hoping this is more than just nesting and will be a lifestyle change for our family. My children are helping a LOT more now and their attitude about picking up is so much better than it was before. I really love the way our house is now and I really hope we can keep it this way even after the baby.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 10-04-2012 at 10:09 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote