Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
I am home. Exhausted.

Mel here is the weird deal with the fair. Families are either coming in and dropping anywhere from 10-100 or the kids have NOTHING. Such and odd juxtaposition.

Tonight for example I had two $100 orders and then had a Mom and her daughter in 5th grade and son in high-school counting out pennies to buy 3 50cent bookmarks. I thought at first she was testing her daughters ability to count change then heard "maybe they will have another bookfair in the spring and you can get a book then" I call the daughter over and quietly said go pick out any book you want under $10 and you can have it. Girl says really 3 times. Mom looks at me shocked and says really. I am a single Mom and I dont have work right now. It is harder as they are getting older, they cost more now. So Amera got a new book, her Mom almost cried over it and you all made that possible. She came over and shook my hand and said thanks about 5 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
That is so so awesome. I honestly wish we could have sent even more. Sometimes I feel selfish that we have more now.
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 View Post
jen. Seriously that made me cry. I'm so glad you could help her out.
Me too