Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oatmeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispy79 View Post
I also pre made a ton of silver dollar pancakes so they only need to be microwaved for 45sec out of the freezer. I've done waffles before but this was so much more work ;-)
What are silver dollar pancakes?

My little ones love oatmeal I've used it to make granola bars, granola, oatmeal on the stove (with whatever toppings you like - mine love raisins and of course maple syrup or honey, though I don't give them those all the time and they're young enough that they still don't mind it w/o the syrup), oatmeal muffins, baked oatmeal, overnight oatmeal, oatmeal "balls", oatmeal pancakes... there are tons of recipes online. I think I will try this one next: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Q...ovetop-Granola

If you have a waffle maker, you can also make oatmeal waffles. After you cook the oatmeal on the stove like normal just put it in the waffle maker for a bit and you can put apple sauce and/or maple syrup, fruit, etc.

I have also used ground up oatmeal in place of bread crumbs and for other things I can't remember at the moment.

A lot of sources say that oatmeal really should be soaked first and some say to mix it with a bit of lemon juice or vinegar while soaking... maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain. It's supposed to make it easier to digest. I don't always bother though (still learning )

Last edited by mel j; 10-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote