View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #37
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What do you think of moms who...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
ds1 did well visits until around age 3, they NEVER did blood or urine tests we went in they did the standard physical (look in eyes, ears, nose, listen to chest etc)
yep same here less than 5 minutes with my child and most of it was talking about shots and where the child slept because well they couldn't look at their notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
Interesting. In my 12 years of mothering I have never had a ped check my kid's blood or urine unless there was a reason (swollen lymph nodes, possible UTI etc).
same here my oldest I did well visits and at one they made him do blood work for no reason it took 4 nurses to hold him plus me I swore I would never torture him just because. When ill is different but just because I don't think so.

but if they did blood work every two months for well visits I think it would be torture. once I year maybe I can see that.

But my kids doc understand my standing on doctors and there place