View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavana
Instead of doing a cold rinse first, you could soak the dipes for 2/3h in bucket of hot/warm water containing soap and bleach right off the bat. And then transfer to the W/m. I know you want to rinse the urine off, but this step does save water. You'll then need to do only the last step of 1 warm/warm + extra rinse.

I do this on laundry day when I dont want to have to wait for a soak cycle. I have 2/3 buckets and soak clothes by color and have them lined up one after the other. Saves on time and water.
Does this step replace just my cold rinse, or the cycle where I'm adding soap/bleach as well?

So would it look like;

2-3h soak in soap/bleach & hot water
1 warm/warm cycle & extra rinse?

I could actually try that even just in my washer rather than buckets. We have a small space (less than 500 sq ft, counting storage and laundry room) and itd be almost impossible to keep my kids out of the buckets.

But I could fill our washer to the smallest level with hot & add bleach and soap & agitate for a moment to mix. Then add clothes and just let it soak (rather than agitate on hot with a low water level, which I've discovered promotes pilling).

Then maybe fill it the rest of the way with warm and start that warm/warm/warm cycle...
That's definitely worth a shot!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote