View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you winging it?

I have a boxed curriculum, but, I'm still winging it a little. I'm not winging it as far as curriculum goes, but what we do when. I have 5 kids 6 and under and another due any day now. Some days we just don't get in what I want to. And, right now we are sort of on a break. I have a lot of OB appts and other things going on right now too. So, we aren't getting much school in at all. I'm winging it as to when we can actually get it done.

We are also doing the bare minimum even though our curriculum includes more. Mostly, we focus on Bible, phonics and math. (1st grader) If we are lucky we will get in the science included with the curriculum, but often we don't get in more than reading it. But, my son is very into nature and animals. He is constantly doing that type of science. We almost never get in the art or music and I also cut out a lot of the activities that are included with the curriculum because I just can't get to them but want to keep moving on the phonics and math so we don't get behind.

So, technically, we aren't winging it, but we still are.