View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to save money while friends are in town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
Well normally I'm trying to make everything as healthy as possible. So for bread, we've been buying the ezekiel bread which is $4 a loaf. For spaghetti I buy rice noodles. For tacos I get ezekiel tortillas. etc.

I think about ingredients a lot.. and for cooking I usually botch anything with meat and my family doesn't end up eating it I used to make chili and spaghetti a lot but my family got tired of it and most went bad.

I'm in a rut this morning, sorry if I'm seeming all detatched.

Tacos, pizza, spaghetti. Definitely planning on those. Not sure if the kids will eat chili. That's another thing too. If their boys don't like the food they won't make them eat it. So I'm worried I'll make things they don't like and a bunch will get wasted.
I found that my boys preferred taco chili better than regular chili (they now will eat both). I serve it with sour cream and shredded cheddar. I usually make cheese quesadillas as well and my boys love to use "big dipper" fritos to eat the chili. It works great in the crock pot for when you have company and don't want to excuse yourself for an hour to prepare dinner.
I also make my spaghetti sauce in the crock pot- I add frozen uncooked homemade meatballs. Then all I have to do is boil noodles, prepare a salad, and make garlic bread.

Another idea for lunch is tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote