View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sharing vs. more toys

Thanks ladies. It is tough. There are lots of things like that on our Christmas list, but I really don't want to end up with TWO of everything, like one PP said, because ltos of times the toddler just wants something just to take it from DD1, not because she actually wants to play with it. No point in having two. And like another PP said, they get their own bday/xmas gifts, and they play with them for a few days, but after the novelty has worn off it becomes communal property and they are encouraged to share. Sometimes I know DD1 gets annoyed at having to share everything, so I do try to make DD2 sit to the side and wait to take turns, giving DD1 5 minutes to play alone with the train before sharing. But it's tough because sometimes DD1 DOES want to share, and will give one train piece to DD2, but then next time DD2 expects a piece but DD1 doesn't want to share... there are just so many little toys like that. I like the sugggestions about having two 'main pieces' so they each can play and then encouraging them to share the 'filler' pieces
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote