View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #24
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need to vent about my mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I'm still bothered by my mom's inconsistancy on this but i suppose there's nothing i can do about it but ride it out... I know she's going to be fine once she has her grand baby. Just have to not let it get to me i guess. Atleast my dad has turned out to be more positive then I expected. And my firends are probably more excited then I am at this point... so I have positive input coming from that side.
It sounds like it is rough, and I'm glad to hear she turned around and did tell one of her sisters! I'm not taking her side at all, but I think many of us in the similar situation would be inconsistent. Shoot, I'm inconsistent with my emotions when I'm trying to be okay with something that bugs me, even if I know logically it is okay.

It's still rough for you, no doubt... I guess it helps me to put myself in their shoes and see how differently I would react. My MIL was not happy about DD2 since we are a different religion than them, but this time around she is positively glowing about it. A friend of mine told me when I was preggo with DD2 that it all changes when the baby comes and they love their grandbaby... I didn't think that would be the case, but she was right!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote