View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #54
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone. Sarah thanks for the recs, I was able to find a few things you mentioned at TSC. We have no s/sx of infestation but at this point I'm not willing to have anymore of my girls go through that, just in case.

I also just thought Chicca was molting, she was her perky self and lost some plumage but if was coming back. I figured w the fall that this was her first molt. So I'm still just heart broken.

Is there anything special to clean the coup w Liz? I'm gonna do some pine bedding this time around.

Those silkie Chics are so cute! I'm not sure ill ever be brave enough for the hatching part! Also not all of my girls make a ton of noise when they lay, also some of them do lay in odd places now n then.

Ill be hopefully posting pics w names and demographics tomorrow. Also about our pups, you know it's just 6 n 1 and 1/2a dozen, we like to leave our girls forage in the evening. Any other time they're enclosed. So sometimes the pups would get outta hand while they were out. Other times a chicken would get outta the enclosure or not come in at night.

So for now ill keep my pups tied unless they are strictly supervised. Our new enclosures pretty big so I'm not sure about the foraging daily, plus some of our neighbors don't like chickens in their yard as much as we do LOL!! Even on three primarily wooded country acres I still need to deal w this!

Thanks again everyone