Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about breastfeeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwamomma View Post
Something I NEVER see people mention in threads like this....Breastfeeding causes uterine contractions. It's great bc mom heals faster...it sucks because those contractions can be pretty intense and with each subsequent baby they can get more intense. With my last lo (#3, 8 weeks old) the contractions during the first week or so while nursing were almost as bad as when I was in labor. So bad that I would cry the whole time we were nursing and I wanted to quit sooo bad!
You are right about that. No one ever mentions that contraction during breastfeeeding. I did find out a lot before my last birth (#7). I made sure to eat a pineapple every day along with smoked salmon and trout, macadamia nut and up my dosage of evening primrose oil. My contraction were so minor compared to the last 6 births. And my contractions afterwards were non-existant. I also ingested out placenta to help with this and the post-partum depression which also non-existant. YAY! So I think it all works together to help. If you have any questions about any of this and want to PM me, please feel to.