View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #90
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 1 - Oct 7

Well, it was a long night, with dh up and down and DS up and down but this morning DH is feeling great. He woke up hungry and ate a half a pan of apple crisp before I got out of bed . And is walking again! I know as the steroid wears out of his system some of his new found energy will go with it, but hey, I'll take it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMonkey View Post
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you were able to make the best of the evening with your son. I hope that your DH responds to the treatments this time.
I guess I didn't explain that well, I forget that there are a lot of new folks here. He didn't respond to the long term MS drugs that keep new lesions from forming. He DOES respond very well to the steroid infusions he went in for last night. But they can't do those long term so they have to wait until he has another "attack" and then treat with massive doses of steroids to stop it. If he could use the long term drugs he would quit having attacks (for the most part) and the disease would not progress. The way we are having to do it, he goes down hill with each new attack but the quicker we get them stopped the less long term damage is done.

All my cute NB & Small Summer Girly wool is for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1579744
slimy72 is online now   Reply With Quote