View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Ultra Tide and Calgon users, chime in

I've been struggling with build up and my diapers not getting clean lately, and I have an old TL and use natural fibers!

Original Tide ultra powder is the best that cleans so far (I have not tried Original liquid, but I have tried Tide F&G and many other detergents.) I have moderately hard water and my wash routine is:
Warm rinse, hot wash with Tide ultra, warm or hot wash cycle with no detergent.

When I use 2 tbspoons it rinses out clear, but I still have a few dipes (flats!!) with very slight ammonia. When I use up to line 1 the diapers are pretty much all clean, but I have to do so many extra rinses to get the suds out, and I usually just give up and throw them in the dryer. I finally bought Calgon and used it yesterday. I used 2 tbspoons of tide and 1/4 cup Calgon, and there was so much suds and the diapers didn't really get clean. I've been rinsing out the pee dipes and that got rid of the ammonia at the bottom of the pail, so I don't understand why they're not all getting clean.

How much tide ultra and Calgon does everyone use? Searching old threads it seems most use up to line 1 of tide and 1/4 cup Calgon, but I can only imagine the suds that would make. I'm open to any suggestions TIA!