View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: This made me cry first and then made me get out my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post

My MIL passed away August of 2011, so a little over a year ago. My youngest was not quite a year old yet. There is ONE single picture in existence of my MIL and her youngest granddaughter. One. There are NO pictures, as in zero, of my MIL and all her granddaughter's together. There are NO pictures of DH's entire family, like nothing that includes MIL and FIL and SIL and BIL and DH and I and the girls. NOTHING. Her only grandson will be born any day now and he will never have the opportunity to meet her...but in pictures, it looks like her other grandkids barely met her either. It's really sad and makes me sad for them and makes me feel guilty because I didn't push for it either. There are plenty of pics of my whole family together, all 20 of us, but I couldn't get the 8 or 9 of us together to get pics on DH's side.
I always make sure I get pics of everybody when we're together. Particularly the older members. Most of my family was gone before I was born. Actually being able to see my grandparents means a lot even if I never met them. People would tell me I have my grandmother's chin or whatever, those pictures are all I have. So I make sure that I get plenty so that dd and ds will always have them too.