Old 10-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #44
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Because this is a well visited forum, I need some help. Update #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
OP, I think you really need to consolidate you care. Seeing the urologist, OB, PCP and the ED all for pain meds is going to come across to some as seeking behavior. I would be concerned if I were one of your providers and you related your story to me. You have multiple oral narcotics at home and are looking for narcotics by routes that are faster/more concentrated than oral and now you have more than one prescription for fentanyl from more than one different doc. I am not accusing you of seeking, but from the outside, you have some behaviors that may look that way. I would suggest talking to your OB about how to control your heartburn so you can use oral meds to control your pain. The other option is to simply fill your prescription and worry about insuance reimbursement later.

You might look for another urologist, but I suspect that it will be difficult to find one willing to put in a stent until you deliver. You have mentioned having no evidence of stones other than the pain. I still don't understand this statement. If they are seeing stones when they scan you, why do the say they don't see evidence? Lastly, i would be straining my urine every time to try to catch a stone.
I have one Rx for Vicodin that is old and I had 10 pills in it. I did not ask for the Rx from my PCP, he is the one who suggested I try it. And my heartburn? Is NOT normal heartburn. I have had to go to the ER for it before. I wish taking the OTC meds would help it (Zantac, Mylanta, Rolaids). I have all of them right next to my bed because of how it has been.

Fill my Rx? It is a $333 prescription that cannot be broken up. I don't have that money on hand right now. I would if my rental house was being rented and I had the $900 they give us.

I am going to be talking to my PCP about seeing a diff Uro. Her lack of wanting to do anything for me is annoying. And the only reason I haven't is because with my stones and having to do the basics for home, it has been too much. And trying to hunt down a Uro that is willing to see a kidney stone patient who is preg is not easy.

I can't tell you why the doc did not believe me. I have U/S of stones being in both kidneys. And then the subsequent U/S have shown fewer stones. I would think that is obvious evidence but according to the doc it isn't enough. I need hydronephrosis and/or blood in my urine. And I have been straining every time I go. The only few times I haven't is when #2 happened and when I was out of the house. Though I ALWAYS check and have a glove in my purse in case one comes out.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote