View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to parent your children without lying to them? Do you try?

Honestly, you can not be 100% honest in this soceity, it is a culturally excepted norm too ingrained to not continue.

Example;

How are you feeling today?

Honest answers you want to give: Not well, Bad or things are falling apart around me.

Your Answer: Fine, and you?

If your kid asked on one of those days, you know they are going to ask a 1000 questions, if you admit you are anything but fine, are you honestly going to answer truthfully, or are you going to wait, maybe talk your day over with SO and then see if your day gets better, before, blurting it all out to your 6 year old?

Death, Sex, answering embarassing personal questions about your self, your child or that stranger in public, things that are beyond their age understanding, we lie sometimes for very good reasons, sometimes just because it is the excepted norm in some cases, sometimes cause it's easier and sometimes for the wrong reasons, but we all lie to everyone, if we didn't we would come off as pretty big jerks in this society. I have seen people try it, it sucks. I accept I will lie to my kid, but try to do it for good not evil

Now to watch Liar, Liar

Last edited by Fairycat; 10-06-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote