View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Woah Nelly! So that is what ammonia smells like!

Quote:
We have run a few clean cycles on the washer, with mixed results. I may run another overnight though again. So the first batch of diapers washed with the Target stuff is in the dryer. It took 2 extra washes with nothing to rinse the detergent out. Although it is unscented, it does have a 'smell' to it, and even after 2 extra full washes, I can still smell it a bit. I think the funky smell is gone though. Crossing fingers! And I learned that with this detergent, I need to use a lot less than I am used to with the Tide.
In this case it might be old detergent.. I thought that the Target stuff was very high sudding at first. I actually dismissed it as a CD washing choice because I got sooo many suds with it when I first tried it... Then when I finially ran out of the dreft I had (rather small box) I decided to give this another try because I didn't wan to go buy more and the dreft wasn't really ideal eaither.. Thats when I had a totally diffrent experience not more excessive suds and nively clean diapers, Ive actually been able to add detergent to the 2 line for a load up to 18 diapers. I do double wash always have one with detergent one without but everything is rinsing out great. I do believe my machine had to work out past detergents.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote