View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to parent your children without lying to them? Do you try?

On death for example how far do you take the honesty? Example if say a child in the neighborhood is killed, in the most horiffic manner with sexual abuse involved, when one of your kids ask about words and meanings involved, how far do you answer truthfully? If they knew the kilerl was a neighbor you had a passing aqquintance with (no chance of contact with your kid though) would you tell the child this information if asked, even if you knew that particular child would have issues with the information?

I can only ask the questions right now as my kid is still young. I admit I have lied to him. My example he is still nursing, some weaning is going well only if I occassionally say they don't work right now. No other explaination, begging, cuddling, works quite the same way. I don't do it all the time, but sometimes he is just testing me, and falls right to sleep.

As he gets older I plan on trying to be honest, but suspect sometimes things will come up. Btw my Mother never lied to me about Santa, but did play Santa in our home.

My nook hates me.

Last edited by Fairycat; 10-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote