View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to parent your children without lying to them? Do you try?

I don't lie to my kid. At this point, it's basically keeping myself from saying 'the cookies are all gone!' instead of the truth, which is 'no more for today!'. So, I try to make sure I'm truthful there.

It's impossible to say how well I'll do with bigger subjects, etc since I'm not there yet, but I like to think it's possible and that we will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
I don't know if I agree with that. You can give enough truthful information to satisfy the curiosity without telling them everything you know on the topic.
and I agree with this. My 3-5yo will not need to know about sex. But if they ask where babies come from, I will be truthful to the degree of which they need to know for their age. It'd be lying to say the stork or something like that, but it's not necessary to explain the ins and outs of the ol' in'n'out.

If a child died of a horrific experience as a PP asked, it would be enough to explain to my child that the child died, but I don't know that they would need to know that they were sexually abused before they died. Depends on the age. Depends on the kid.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 10-06-2012 at 05:59 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote