Old 10-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #40
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPACandMommy
Ok mamas had my repeat beta at 732 but a doubling time of 51.57 hours.... Should I be worried the previous doubling time was 35.39 hours....
Found this at babymed.com for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymed.com
NORMAL HCG DOUBLING TIMES

HCG Level DOUBLING TIME EXPECTED
Under 1,200 mIU/ml Between 30 and 72 Hours
1200-6000 mIU/ml Between 72 and 96 Hours
Over 6,000 mIU/ml Over 96 Hours
hCG levels rise during the first 6 to 10 weeks of pregnancy then decline slowly during the second and third trimesters.

As your pregnancy develops, the increase slows down significantly. Between 1,200 and 6,000 mIU/ml serum, the hCG usually takes about 72-96 hours to double, and above 6,000 mIU/ml, the hCG often takes over four or more days to double. It makes little sense to follow the hCG values above 6,000 mIU/ml as at this point the increase is normally slower and not related to how well the pregnancy is doing.

After two to three months the increase will slow even further and eventually hCG levels even decline before reaching a plateau for the duration of the pregnancy. Doctors will often use the quantitative blood test if they are closely monitoring the development of a pregnancy but above a level of about 6,000 mIU/ml that makes no sense because at this point a sonogram provides better information about the pregnancy.

One single hCG value does not tell you much about the viability of the pregnancy and there is a wide range of normal hCG levels in pregnancy. A normal hCG rise over several days prior to 6 weeks of the pregnancy usually indicates a viable pregnancy. In general, the best indication of a healthy pregnancy other than a normal rise of hCG is a good fetal heartbeat after 6-7 weeks.
It seems once your numbers get large, they slow down. I don't know if 730 is considered a big number, but I also know it said somewhere around 6 weeks it slows down. Your VERY close to my date, and I'm 5+4 today, so maybe it's slowing? Notice, it also said first betas can be skewed high if you get an early beta, so that could be it, too...
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 10-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote