View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
I love Disney and we've take the kids at all different ages. Last year, we took a 4 year old and a 6 week old, and had a blast. This year, we took a 5 year old and a 3 year old (special needs, so we had the stroller as wheelchair pass) which was awesome. We go about once a year.

My biggest advice...get a GOOD carrier. You can't take strollers in the lines, and your baby will only want down. You need something that you can put baby on your back comfortably for an hour or more at a time. I swear someone could make a fortune opening an Ergo, BabyHawk, Beco store somewhere at Disney! People are so envious of my carriers, and I've gotten lots of questions about them while waiting in long lines.

Also, you want a stroller that folds easily. DuoGliders and heavy doubles are a PITA on the busses. Two single strollers is preferable to a double because that way parents can split off without having to split the stroller. We take a Maclarent Triumph for our older DD because it has a carry strap for DH to throw over his shoulder, and a Baby Jogger City Mini single because when you fold it, the strap becomes a carry handle. We have found that 2 singles plus a good carrier is plenty of stroller for us.

Also, take as little crap as you can into the park because when you get on the bus, you have to carry it. They make you fold your stroller.

Stay on property if you can. The Magic Express from the airport is for on-property hotels only, and means you don't have to travel with carseats. You check your bags at your home airport, and they magically appear in your hotel room. You don't even have to pick them up at the baggage claim at the airport. Then, you can check them to go home at your hotel, and don't have to schlep them to the airport yourself.

Last advice...buy park tickets for one less day than you are going to be there. That way, you can take the last day to run around the hotel and swim, and go to downtown disney, and just relax without feeling like you have to get your money's worth by going to the parks.

The Toy Story ride at Hollywood Studios is super cool for the 4 year old. BUT...the fast passes are almost always gone within 30 minutes of the park opening. If you want to have any chance to ride it, be there when the park opens and go straight for the fast pass machine for that.

Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom is my kids favorite ride. It is super cool.

The baby care centers are great except for the one in Magic Kingdom. The ladies in there are NOT nice! DS is special needs and they are rude every time we bring our stroller in---hello...it has a stroller as wheelchair tag on it for a REASON. We've used it on 4 different trips and everywhere else, the ladies are sweet, but at Magic Kingdom, they are so awful. DH was so mad he called customer service on them the last time.
I've heard lots of people say a double stroller is the way to go. I have a bob duallie... Thoughts?
Also, I've never had much luck w putting my dd in a carrier- is this really important?
Lolobug is online now   Reply With Quote