waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to talk to my cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
I think you are right to be concerned. I would just say, "how about you stay at my house for the first night just to make sure everything is okay with him?" If she refuses I'd remind her that if something goes wrong to please call me and I'd help her out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim View Post
At first, I just said I'd love to pick her up at the airport (closer to my house than his anyway) and have her stay here the first night, then I'd bring her to him the next day. She said he was excited to see her and wanted to pick her up. I think she's a little twitterpated and isn't seeing the risk. She seems to assume that because he's a pastor's son, he must be a good guy. I told her a couple of times that I'm no more than a phone call away, day or night. And that wherever she stays, I'm excited to see her. I don't want to scare her off or make her feel like I'll say "I told you so" if he turns out to be not what she expected.
Yeah in retrospect I am lucky my SO turned out to be a good guy. I went to hang out with him and his roomates one tiem when we had first started dating and it could have gone badly. My SO preety much said that if she's know its jsut goign to be sex and she wants that fine, she's and adult but she should know that this guy doesn't want to hang out and hold hands and talk about their future. He also said that unfortunately some sort of group free for all isn't out of the question (I think thats the scary worst case scenario in the back of our minds). I really hope you can convince her to at least stay the first night with you. If not. I would be tempted to call him up myself (or get DH to do it) and let him know I'm around and keeping an eye on her.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote