View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Slightly OT: Do you use your homemade wipes on hands/face?

I've been trying to come up with a homemade, safe hand-wipe solution for my LO for when we're out and about and/or I need a quick, anti-cootie hand wipe. It seems hard to find anything marked as "homemade hand sanitizing wipe" that isn't mostly rubbing alcohol.

So, I was wondering if anyone has used the same homemade solution for their baby wipe fluid as hand-cleaning wipes?

For instance, I use about 1.5-2 cups filtered water, a couple teaspoons worth coconut oil, a tiny squirt of baby wash, and maybe 3-5 drops TTO for her fanny wipes (I do sometimes use those wipes to clean her neck, feet, etc too).

Anyway, would the above concoction be safe for using on her little hands too? (especially taking into consideration that her hands go in her mouth often) Or perhaps with some tweaking?

ETA: I also have lavender, lemon and peppermint EO and castile soap at my disposal if any of those would be a good addition/substitute for the stuff I use in the baby wipes.
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.

Last edited by Arizonah13; 10-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote