View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #82
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
Thank you. I agree that these kinds of issues, however important they are, should just be left out of the conversation in most cases. Educating someone who's open to that, or having a civil and respectful conversation are fine and beneficial to both parties. But when you're using terms like "mutilation" (even though technically it is an appropriate word) just shows that you are choosing not to show respect, compassion, acceptance, etc towards that other person, and nothing from that point is going to be benecial or productive. It becomes an attack at that point.
I understand feeling very strongly about certain things, and I absolutely cross the line and use strong language that cuts people out sometimes. With friends it's ok, we can see those sides of each other and still be accepting. But with people who are simply not as close/willing to accept or with strangers, you flat out are not going to convince people to see your side when you are not taking the time to present your case in a way that is calm, collected, factual and respectful. There comes a time when you have to accept peple despite their faults.

I also agree that the circ thing is more a problem with society than with individuals. Unfortunately people are too trusting when it comes to the sources where they get their facts. It's very sad and it majorly sucks, and it has lasting negative impact, but it's just the way it is. You can't harbor anger against everyone who doesn't get all the right facts by the right times, unless you want to be a very bitter person.
Way too many years have gone by with false information being pumped into our minds on issues like this and THAT is the problem, more so than people acting according to their natural humanly flawed tendencies. (by that I mean people on both "sides")
Excellent post!