View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
RainandRedemption
Registered Users
Formerly: windandrainmama
seller
seller

Re: Talk to me about HSing

Are there things they could get enrolled in during evening hours where they would get some interaction with other kids? Do they currently have friends?
I worry about socialization too. Not in the same terms as anti hsers, since I think being with peers 40 hours a week is not neccessary for healthy social skills... but I am not the greatest with social interaction and am a little concerned that my awkwardness will get passed on to my kids.
Honestly though, so far I'm thinking the opposite is happening. Last year ds was in prek and he was really stressed all the time. His social skills suffered for how much stress he had to go through with school. Now he is getting one on one time, loose scheduling and we follow his interest, and learn at his pace. He is a SUPER happy kid right now, and when he goes out to play with the neighborhood kids, or to his tumbling class, or have friends come over, and I see a much more confident and happy kid than how he was last year.

My view on whether your kids would get what they need is that you don't know until you try. I think it would be good/healthy for you and your kids to give it a try, even if you decide that PS is better for them, and you only HS for 6 months. IMO it can only be a learning and growing experience to give it a try.