View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia&Daria
I'm planning on running the hakf marathon early May next year. Three weeks ago I started the TurboFire Challenge which is 6 days a week workout so i can't handle running more than once a week. But I'm starting 7 months in advance so that shouldn't be an issue right?

I have a treadmill but it doesn't show distance and time. I can't really run outside bc i have 3 little ones.

So where do i start?
I think you would be okay running one day a week for now but you will want to try to increase that to 3 days a week. Maybe not do turbofire 6 days a week so you can still get your running in.

There are lots of different half marathon training plans out there where you run 3 days a week. Do a Google search and find one that works for you. Most of the plans are 12-18 weeks long but you will want to be running a bit before that so you have a starting base.

As for the treadmill, I would be sure to set the incline on 2 and try to go by time. Using the slight incline will help mimic outdoor conditions. Most people find running outside more difficult then on a treadmill because of natural elevation. I would probably try to get in one outdoor run a week (preferably the long run) once you start the half marathon training plan. That way you will have at least one run a week where you know for sure you are doing the distance.

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is online now   Reply With Quote