View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #51
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

There are those who absolutely judge. It's the ones who like to give themselves butt pats for doing better than everyone else. And if it wasn't not circing, it would be something else that they do better than you. I used to get so irritated by these threads; the judging, the harsh words, the "using any argument and when that doesn't work just start attacking someone's grammar" posts. But I think that's the minority of intactivist.

Most are well meaning. When they come off as attacking and judging, I think it's a case of good intention and bad execution. It's something they are passionate about. And passion is something that is hard to control and manifests itself any way it wants to. I think there is a lot of frustration on both sides too, which also manifests itself in ugly ways.

I have been noticing that most circ threads are getting more civil, which is awesome. The less snippy, smart butt answers and comments there are, the better it is for everyone and the more informative it is. Sometimes it's hard to take people seriously when them seem overzealous and not very levelheaded. For example, when some posters just deny that there are ANY medical benefits, instead of saying, yes there are some, but they are minuscule compared to the risks and the loss of function. I would much rather listen to the person with the seond answer rather than the first. Anyway, I am glad more people are actually addressing other arguments and opposing evidence rather than simply denying everything and anything that goes against what they believe. It makes for a more honest, accurate, and comprehensive conversation.

I'm off on a tangent, but that it what I was thinking.

Last edited by *Peanut*; 10-07-2012 at 11:15 AM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote