Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #37
Jen's_4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: The power of Santa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I would be curious to know those that follow the no lie policy [if they are Christian], do they tell them that Christmas is Jesus birthday and do that whole story. Because what is celebrate now is highly inaccurate and that would be lying IMO if one follows that line of thinking. Or do they break it down saying Christ was not born on this day, but it's a day we choose to celebrate. And more than likely it took a couple of years for the wise men to reach the child. And we don't know how many wise men there were...etc, etc.
Personally for us, we are Christian and try not to lie at all. We do break down Christmas and let the kids know that we don't know what day He was born, but this is the day we celebrate it. They know that the wise men weren't at the stable. That's actually a pet peeve of mine, because it's always in manger scenes, and I know grown men and women who have been to church their whole lives and assume that's the way it was because that's what they always see. And we don't know how many wise men there were, but more than one and they brought 3 gifts. We try to present the Bible as accurately as we know how.
Jen's_4 is offline   Reply With Quote