View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #38
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: The power of Santa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Personally for us, we are Christian and try not to lie at all. We do break down Christmas and let the kids know that we don't know what day He was born, but this is the day we celebrate it. They know that the wise men weren't at the stable. That's actually a pet peeve of mine, because it's always in manger scenes, and I know grown men and women who have been to church their whole lives and assume that's the way it was because that's what they always see. And we don't know how many wise men there were, but more than one and they brought 3 gifts. We try to present the Bible as accurately as we know how.
Yeah that's true, many don't know it was more of a cave, not a typical barn and the manager was more than likely just a pit carved out of rock in the wall. I guess for me personally since Christmas really isn't Christian at all, I don't much worry about the spiritual aspect anyway. Thank you for answering