View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
to you and your DH - that would be so tough, to see all these things happening and, really in the end, not be able to stop anything.
FWIW, I am a Christian... and I have LOADS of big why questions. This year has involved a lot of questioning faith and God, for me. It's not just those who aren't Christian who have those feelings and questions
Right, he's not alone - I guess if that's how it sounded, I didn't phrase it correctly. It's just that without my faith, I would have nowhere to really turn for TRUE peace and comfort. He is definitely lacking that and I can tell. He can't rest in knowing that there is a plan to prosper us, not to harm us, a plan that gives us hope and a future... Kwim? And he is carrying a lot of guilt about this stuff. He still feels guilty about a 15 yo boy they lost in the spring.

I just know he would find a lot of solace and healing in a real, deep relationship with Christ, but he's a little stubborn. I'm just afraid of what it's going to take for him to finally seek out God. Sometimes you (general) have to be brought to the lowest of low circumstances to realize you can't do life alone. I don't want to watch that happen.

Okay, sorry for rambling so off-topic! I'm done!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote