View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #41
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: The power of Santa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
We don't really focus on the spiritual aspect of Christmas either... I don't like doing things just for "traditions" sake, so last year will be the last time we make our kids sit through a Christmas eve service. (We can NOT find a church we like here. But last year we went with my parents cause theyre trying to "carry on" my mom's parents tradition)
Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, cute imagery drives me bonkers, so instead we just celebrate being together, being blessed, being loved by our family and God, being able to show love towards other people. That kinda stuff. The best seems to come out of everyone around Christmas, so it's enough to just revel in and celebrate that
Aside from us doing Santa, we are a lot like that too I was just reading the other thread [the parents lying thread] and thinking that in a way if we say Christmas is Christian/Jesus is the reason for the season thing [even if we know Christ was born on that day], it's still a "lie" essentially too. Mainly because we were never told to celebrate Christmas at all.
It very much is about family at the end of the day for us too.

And we can not find a fellowship we like again either!! We had a great one, went for about 5 years and then it disbanded. A few of us are still really really close. It was a smaller church which is what I like, very much a "family". No shows, nothing like that, just family. It's been so hard finding that again! Now my in-laws are all for the Christmas stuff and send out cards with Kept Christ in Christmas and all that and insist upon the services. Thankfully they live in Ohio and we indulge them only when they are here.