View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Brrr! (aka getting used to living in a house, not an apartment)

So we all live in a house now, having finally moved out of our apartment this past summer. Last night, it got down to about 72 in the house, which apparently chilled DH to the bone. So he turned on the heater. I went out for the evening and spent too much at a Pampered Chef show. When I got home, he said that the heater had "clicked" but not turned on, so I thought maybe the pilot light needed lit. Our unit is in the hallway behind a door (I know some houses might have it in the attic or whatever), so I opened the door to look at it. I even found the old installation manual tucked away, and I saw how it said to adjust the pilot, but not exactly where it is in the unit or how to open the unit. Then I put the manual away and tried to open the unit itself, but the door wouldn't budge. We gave up and just piled on extra blankets to sleep with.

The homeowner/our landlord goes to church with us, so we mentioned it to him and he said he'd come light the pilot for us tonight, and that "it's old, and there are several tricks to getting to it."

Right now, it's about 65 in here. Brr. (Ironically, even if we turn the heat on tonight, we might be turning it off for the rest of the week since the temperature is supposed to climb back up again, lol.)
Harmony96 is online now   Reply With Quote