View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
DevotedAuntie
Registered Users

It's been crazy around here lately, and I've gone back and forth a lot about what the right thing to do is. I know that foster care can be a great thing and is very much necessary in some situations but I've also seen what being "in the system" can do to a child and a family. The whole idea scares me. I think part of that is because I have had a couple of really bad experiences with the foster care system. Unfortunately dad told me Friday that he got a call from cps and someone has made a report against him. Looks like we are going to end up with no option but to have them involved and since I don't know what is going on there I have just told everyone she has to stay here with me until we talked to someone from cps and get it cleared up. Thankfully mom totally agrees and is willing to help financially support k and dad threw a fit when support was brought up so I dropped it. A few bucks isn't worth fighting over. I guess now we just wait and see. We won't be able to talk to anyone until Tuesday. At that point we will be contacting an attorney too probably, I think it's become necessary. Thanks for the support and advice and allowing me to vent a little

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DS Forum