View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

If I were you, I would try a 5k program. Are you brand new to running? The Couch to 5k is a great program and there are many other similar plans out there.

Start small and and keep increasing your distance little by little. You will need a lot more than just 12 weeks to train for a half if you are starting from scratch. I started running last August and will be doing my first half marathon in December. I've done countless 5ks, a 10k, and a mud run/obstacle course over that last year. I'm in the process of training for my half and still have "Can I really do this??" moments. I don't mean to discourage you because I'm sure you can do it if you really want it, I would just hate for you to get in over your head and get hurt or frustrated. Check out the Runner's World website. There is a forum there with lots of help for beginners.

Can you run in the early am before your DH goes to work or in the evening when he gets home? I only run outside and have no treadmill experience so I can't really speak to that.

Good luck and keep us updated! And congrats on the weight loss and getting started on an exercise plan. The first step is always the hardest.

Last edited by mebl0901; 10-07-2012 at 05:54 PM.
mebl0901 is offline   Reply With Quote