View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #44
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had a hospital birth - did they allow pushing while squatting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Did you have anyone there to offer support for you during labor? Like a doula? To offer comfort positioning and give you input on how to manage the pain? I had an epi with my son or the same reason. I could NOT see a way around te pain and just wanted it to stop and had no support or relief other than the epidural. With my second delivery there was no option of an epi (at home), but boy did I want one! My friend was my doula and she really helped me get "in the zone" and sort of ride through until the end. It was HARD, but having her support and caring touch and words made all the difference.
I do have an awesome doula that has been there for the births of both of my children. I have a fantastic pair of midwives that are very supportive of natural birth. My mom and husband have been at both births and they would do anything to help me achieve the natural birth that I've aimed for each time. DH and I have done the full Hypnobabies home study course. I have every opportunity imaginable to be successful at birthing naturally. I am just batcrap crazy in labor. I can't even be nice to the people around me. It's awful. I apparently handle pain similar to a rabid dog. Actually, I act quite like Cujo. It's so embarrassing. One of my midwives joked that she won't deliver me again unless I agree to an epidural right off the bat. We aren't done having kids. I'd still like to do it naturally someday. I'm losing hope though. My labors are just ridiculously long (22.5 & 24.5 hours). I told my doula that my only goal next time around is to be nice and respectful to my birth team. I seriously think that the only expectation I can place on myself at this point. That will be hard enough.