pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: mommas that did ferber method sucessfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Really? I just read a specific out line to the 'method' and it builds up to crying for 30 minutes. What's long to you? I think 10 minutes plus is kinda long. Anything my neighbors might complain about is long, lol!!!

1 minute is an eternal hell for me, I never did the method. Most babies never get beyond the 2nd night before they are going to bed without an issue. Sleeping without all the baloney that I see people going through is a gift. So many people think that their baby is just going to nicely learn to fall asleep and if they don't then that is the way it is supposed to be. Teaching a baby to go to sleep is just another part of parenting. The Ferber method uses an exact technique that if parents follow, will allow their baby to very easy to go to sleep. Everyone will do better when well rested. This method is not for young infants, I think under 6 months of age. My sister did it when my niece was about 10 months old.