View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #86
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
as far as educating others, i find that most people that choose to circ and dont regret it wont be won over so i dont even talk to people IRL that do. ive run across a lot of young mothers that just did it without giving it any kind of thought or research and definitely are interested in hearing why i chose not to do it. i always do so in a respectful manner. i dont shame them for being ignorant, i just want them to have the info they need to make an informed decision in the future.

One person told me it's disgusting. Said she'd circ her sons because it looks nasty and "every girl prefers a circ'd penis." It makes me really sad that she is legally allowed to cut off part of her child's body because she thinks it's gross. I mean, if she would at least pretend to want to do if for health reasons, that's one thing. But she's very outspoken about how weird it looks. Which I think is funny, because after having 3 intact boys, whenever I change a boy's diaper who is circ'd, it looks so odd to me now. (even though DH is circ'd, it's just not usually what I see when I'm changing a diaper) I think one's "visual preference" has everything to do with what you're used to.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote