View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else get sad over not being pregnant anymore?

I felt that way with my second pregnancy. I was a little sad it was over especially since we thought we were done at that point. I too mourned being pregnant even though I was happy to have my little guy in my arms. It felt like such a significant part of my life--child bearing years, I guess--was completely over. I loved wearing maternity clothes, the title, the anticipation, getting ready, all the little movements inside, all of it. I had a text book easy pregnancy and wonderful birth so I was a little sad to say that I was done.

This time, however, I am glad it is over. All of it. It wasn't a horrible pregnancy, but it wasn't that great either. Going past due made me insane, I was incredibly uncomfortable and I was so happy to finally have her out. The first thought I had in my head when she was born was, 'I can't do this anymore.' Maybe it's because I'm a bit older, but I'm past the thrill of being pregnant, giving birth, all of it. I feel incredibly blessed that I got to do it three times, with two water births, and have three healthy happy children as a result. At the same time, I strongly feel that my family is complete and I'm ready to move on to what else life has in store for us.

But hey, grandbabies...forgot about that!!! I'm also waiting for my sister to get started so I can be an auntie, so I'm good for now!