View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #23
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you ever question your spouse/partner?

On a few occasions I have questioned and overridden his decisions. I'm one that spends the most time with the kids and I'm the one that has been working with children for the past 10 years. I specialize in toddlers with special needs. My job is largely behavior modification of children. I'm pretty good at making the distinction between what is and isn't appropriate behavior. So at times I will gently correct him when his expectations or consequences aren't appropriate for the actions or the child. He accepts that I probably know better about most kids stuff and follows my lead. For instance, when I found out that my 4yo had been sitting alone in the kitchen for 10-15 minutes in a time out chair (I had been at the store), I let her out and sent her upstairs while I explained to him the 1 minute for each year guideline and that she really doesn't even remember why she's there after that long. Also pointed out that DD1 usually doesn't see time out as punishment and suggested more effective discipline for her.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote