View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #72
Dr.HeathenFaerie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to parent your children without lying to them? Do you try?

I believe you can and I try too.

Although I guess it does depend on your view of things. I was molested and then raped as a child. I have not and will not go into graphic detail with my children or anyone else for that matter. However I have told them I was sexually abused, explained bad touch and how NO ONE ever has the right to touch their private areas not even the Dr if they are uncomfortable we can get a nurse or another Dr. We do pretend Santa, the tooth fairy etc because they ask us to they know it is us but still enjoy leaving milk and cookies. So no I don't remind them constantly that it is pretend but they know. We don't blanket opinions as facts. If I get asked if god is real I tell the truth. I have no idea. I don't think so but grama does and that is ok. We have gone to church and they enjoy it but it confused them a bit so explained some people believe and feel like they really really know god is real and some people really believe he isn't. There is not a wrong answer there imo .

So to the best of our ability we tell the truth without giving them more information than they can process.