View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Favorite taco soup recipe?

Taco soup is so versatile. you can basically use how much or how little you want. My mom's basic recipe is 2-3 cans mexican style stewed tomatoes, 1.5-2lbs ground beeg, 5 cans chicken broth, 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1 package of taco seasoning. ALL of those items can be made from scratch though. Chop up 8 or so tomatoes, make your own broth, and mix your own taco seasoning from spices. Then I add whatever we have on hand if I want more than the basic. A cup of frozen corn, a "can" of beans (I make a whole pot of dry beans, then portion it out- 1.5 cups of cooked beans is the same as 1 can), some other veggies we need to use. Soup is SO versatile, you really can't mess it up
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote