View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #15
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988

Lol!

I was just kind of winging it. I started to make a box of Annie's natural shells and white cheddar, but I'm sure it can work with any kind of mac n cheese. after I added the cheese powder and milk, I added a can of organic stewed tomatoes (normally I'd use fresh, but I used all my fresh ones yesterday in a zucchini bake), a tbsp of Frontier taco seasoning, some chopped onion, some frozen organic corn, and some dried cilantro, salt, and pepper. Oh, and 1/2 a can of beans (I would have done the whole can, but by this point the little pot I was cooking in was pretty full lol). Then I just poured over a split baked potato and dolloped on some sour cream and salsa.
Yum! I wonder how it would taste with homemade Mac and cheese? My kids can't eat the powder (they break out). I normally make my Mac and cheese with nothing but noodles and cheese. I may have to experiment with this, maybe turn it into a casserole.