View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #21
amholb0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: To sacrifice a gourd or not?

Halloween for us is a three week affair.
On the Saturday two weeks before we go to the pumpkin patch with all the little kids in the family. Everyone picks out a few pumpkins, we drink cider, eat apple fritters or pumpkin donuts or whatever goodies they have at the orchard. Then we spend a few hours in the huge playground. It's great we pull the kids in these wagon things for getting the pumpkins and everyone has a good time.
The Saturday before, we have the pumpkin carving and chili evening. Everyone brings their pumpkin carving tools and patterns. We cook chili and hot cider and other fall themed foods. At the end of the night, we line up all the pumpkins on my grandfather's porch and light the candles, take some pictures. Some people take their pumpkins and some just leave them there.
Oddly Halloween is the least busy day, we toss DS in his costume (so far I've made them all but, he's only 2.5 so, nothing too complicated, a lion, a duck, this year a dragon) and take him to my mom's house, my dad's house, and a few neighbors we know at each. This year we might hand out candy since we moved to an actual neighborhood before we lived in an apartment complex with very few kids so, no one handed out candy.
October is very busy for us! We even have our anniversary on the 22!

amholb0 is offline   Reply With Quote