View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
SPJ&E
Registered Users
seller

Re: Yup Lip/Tongue Tie

My son has an upper lip tie (and I assume has a posterior tongue tie as well). He ripped his (lip tie) right after his 1 year checkup. We had just talked to his doctor about it and she said that dentists usually won't touch them until they are 3 because most resolve on their own. We were satisfied with that. We had just planned to continue making sure we brushed his teeth really well (which we do anyway) to try to prevent any decay issues and aside from that, just keep an eye on it.

A few days later, he ran through the living room while mama was vacuuming and tripped (over the vacuum), landing face first on the floor. The lip tie would always bleed when he fell, but this time, it bled a ton...as in it was dripping. Once the bleeding mostly stopped, I pulled his lip up and sure enough, he ripped it to about halfway up his gums (to what looks pretty normal, I would say). It was down between his front teeth, causing a gap (which was what we discussed with his doctor). It's only been about a month since and the gap between his front teeth is gone already.

The whole bleeding profusely thing was scary, but I will say that I am glad we don't have to deal with surgery or anything later on! I hope your little guy's resolves on its own or doesn't cause any issues in the future.