View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Stuck thinking I'm going to school for nothing

Have you researched all the LPN to RN bridge programs in your area? That seems to be taking longer than it should.

I hear you on the not knowing what I want to do when I grow up thing, lol! It took me having 2 kids to decide I wanted to go into nursing. It took me 3.5 years to finish an ADN program. I don't like what I'm currently doing, but would be happier in a different area. There are definitely other things I would be happier doing, but it pays ok and I am able to provide for my family.

I really think you should finish. Nursing school sucks SO bad, and it's a huge sacrifice to us as mothers.... but honestly, it really is a great career and is great to fall back on especially if your business ventures don't pan out. I have 4 kids, too, and they are the reason I go to work. I would love to SAH, but it's never going to happen. I would do anything for my family, and they are the reason I finished nursing school and the reason I go to work. I used to go to IHOP at 11pm every night and study until 3-4am when I was in school. I hardly slept. It's not easy, but doable.

Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote