View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dairy-free Thanksgiving recipes?

Pumpkin pie

11 oz plain flavored sub milk (we use soy, you could probably use coconut or almond. I would stay away from thinner ones like rice)
2 large eggs plus 1 egg white
3/4 cup sugar
1 teas cornstarch
1/2 teas salt
1 teas cinnamon
1/4-1/2 teas ginger
1/4 teas clove
pie crust
You could use whatever the pumpkin pie spice bottle says for one pie instead of the spices.

Mix wet ingreds in food processor. Mix dry ingreds in bowl then place in process and process until smooth. Pour into crust and bake at 425 for 15 mins then turn down to 350 and bake 40-50 mins or until knife inserted inches from the center comes out clean. Cool. store in fridge.

We love this pie, pumpkin is my absolute favorite pie and it tastes just like a traditional pie. No one eve knows its milk free.

We don't do green bean casserole (I think its gross) but there are plenty of make your own cream soup recipes that you can use sub milk to make in order to make green bean casserole if you want. I prefer fresh (or frozen) whole green beans lightly steamed. Saute sliced onion in skillet, in olive oil. Once onions are soft add the beans and dried cranberries, salt and pepper. My favorite green bean recipe.