View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can baby's position keep you from going into labor? **update**

I'm 39wks today. I continue to have a LOT of contractions. They are getting stronger and more and more frequent. Last night, I really thought I might be going into labor. They were very strong and painful and started coming about every 3-4 minutes lasting 90 secs. But, of course, as always, they stopped.

Since about 36/37wks, I've thought baby is head down, but posterior (facing up in case I'm using the wrong term). But, I'm not good at determining that and never have been even with 3 previous babies. I do know baby is head down.

So, today, I emailed my doula and told her about last night and how I keep starting, but not really going anywhere. Her response was that she is wondering if baby is in the right position and she linked me to a spinning babies page to help baby get in a better position.

I find it interesting that I've been thinking this for a while and now she is wondering the same. Can baby not being positioned correctly stop labor or hold it off? I'm planning to start doing the positioning to hopefully help. But, I was just wondering what other's experiences with this might be.

Thanks!

update - This isn't totally related to the above post, but I thought I would update about my OB appt today. Baby is not engaged yet. However, I am now 3cms!!! Woo Hoo!!! So, I guess these contractions are at least doing something. Of course, we all know it doesn't mean that much, but I'd rather the contractions be doing something than nothing. Plus, who wouldn't rather start labor already slightly dilated than at 0 or 1. (And, I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't even ask the OB if baby was posterior. I don't know why I did. It just slipped my mind. )

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 10-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote