View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducko
I need to come back for some more motivation. We are having a hard time not spending right now. We are on Baby Step 6. Last month my dad died of a massive stroke and so our snowball went to funeral, travel, eating on the road etc. This month it's now hard to pay that extra to the house. I've got a bad case of the "I WANTS". Partly because I think I'm miserable and miss my dad. I'm tired of feeling deprived. I know I will be so much happier if I wait. It's just hard to convince myself right not that "stuff" isn't gonna solve my unhappiness and loss. So here, I said it out loud and now I gotta stick to what I know is right. It's just hard.

My youngest son has also been having some speech issues. Now our doctor feels he needs an MRI and to see a neurologist. Which I'm stressing over. Luckily, it's not a money issues that have me stressed. We have enough set aside for medical this year in our HSA.

So I'm trying to commit to: "use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without."
So sorry about your father passing away. I can't imagine caring too much about my budget in that event! Hugs

AFM, There has been so much emotional turmoil for me this past summer, and I was spending freely.. but finding this thread definitely has helped me get back into it. I am so motivated, thank God and you ladies. I just hope I don't lose steam like next month lol.

I am excited, we sold a dresser on craigslist for $100 last night. So that almost recoups the cost of redecorating the boys bedroom last month. I have a ton of baby girls clothes and baby stuff I am hoping will sell also. I wish I had thought of having a garage sale a few weeks ago but now the weather is so unpredictable...
I've been making my boys pjs and lounging clothes this year, and plan to make some peoples Xmas gifts as well. Pinterest has so many pins with very creative DIY ideas and gifts, I am loving that site lately. I am working on restocking my cloth diapers so I can repost my Craigslist ad.